12.27.2011

fuck you and your cool tattoos



















I feel like everywhere I look, I see people with the COOLEST tattoos, and it makes me want one even more. I'm really obsessed with small simple tattoos, and seeing pictures like these have inspired me to come up with ideas for tattoos that I would get. I really want a tiny basquiat crown on the side of my ribs, a tiny heart with an 'x' in it behind my ear, and I feel like I've been joking about getting a tiny little cat head (like the one in the 11th photo) for such a long time, and I honestly think I now would really consider getting one like on my wrist or something. I also kind of want a tiny contour/outline of a tooth on my forearm...sounds weird maybe but I think I'd like it. Personally, I don't think that tattoos have to be meaningful at all! I think it's cooler to just think of something you like and just get it ! You may think that sounds really immature andstupid, but I think that when people put sooo much time and effort into making sure this tiny tattoo will always remind them of something and bring up a certain emotion every time they look at it, it's just crazy! I think personally I would rather get a little meaningless cool tattoo that when I look at it, will remind me a time in my life when I just lived in the moment and did something that I really wanted to do without thinking too much. I think people worry too much about regret, and it really doesn't make any sense to me. I gave a lot of "stick n poke" tattoos this summer, and every tattoo that I gave was done on a whim. Not one person thought too much about the meaning of their tattoos at all, they just said "oh what the hell" and got little simple tattoos that they really liked! It was so great to be around people who just lived in the moment and did what they wanted to do! I think i'm describing these people to be reckless kids who don't give a shit about anything, but they really weren't at all. They were all smart, creative teenagers who just wanted a fucking tattoo.
Whatever..i'm writing too much without actually saying anything so i'm gonna stop.... Here's an example of a cool stick n poke tattoo I gave -- i'll do a post on stick n pokes later

No comments:

Post a Comment